Friday, May 29, 2009

Friday

A little set back today. Burt vomited once or twice so they had to put the stomach tube back in. He had it in for 15 minutes and it pumped half a liter of bile and stomach acids out. That stuff was making him throw up. He's not happy about it, but it's necessary. It will have to be removed again before he can come home.

I arrived home after work to find a Medical Supply truck in my driveway. They delivered a food pump for Burt to use after he is released. They showed me how it works, hope I can remember what to do when it's actually time to use it! He will be fed through a tube in his abdomen until he can eat solid food. The pump is just like the IV machines they use in the hospital.

It rained tonite and on the way home I saw a rainbow. Another sign that God is watching over us!

No comments: