Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Wednesday June 3rd

I am sorry I haven't updated the blog for a few days, I've been so tired after long days of working and visiting Burt in the hospital. He continues to do well, they removed the stomach pump yesterday. So far he has managed to keep the stomach fluids down. Tomorrow they are going to try some food, liquid food, and see if he can handle it. He is up and walking around more and is bored, tired of watching TV......LOL. We have heavy rain and thunderstorms so I did not go back up tonight. I will visit tomorrow morning and through out the day. They are going to start taking the staples out soon, a few at a time until all 33 are out.

Monday was my birthday and my wonderful family and friends had a BBQ for me. It was nice to have an evening of catching up with everyone and relaxing. Only glitch was that Burt was not there. He knew about it and told me to go home and relax, he would see me Tuesday. The kids did all the cooking and cleaning up, what a surprise! I have a wonderful family!

Tonight my nephew Ryan graduates from high school in Wildomar, CA. Congratulations to Ryan for a job well done! Mom and Dad are out there visiting and will get to congratulate him in person.

I have to thank everyone who reads my blog for the kind comments and encouragement. We still have a ways to go with this and your continued support means a lot. With God's help we will prevail.....

1 comment:

Kelly C said...

You and your family are still in my thoughts and prayers. I am glad you had a good birthday - a BBQ sounds wonderful. I continue to wish you strength and healing... hang in there!