Sunday, June 14, 2009

Sunday, June 14th

Happy Flag Day!

Things are starting to get a little more normal around here, Burt is up and doing things (but no lifting) around the house. The only pain he's having right now is his neck, he wakes up during the night complaining his neck hurts. So I rub it with Ben Gay or get the heating pad out. He seems to be sleeping a little better, not getting a full 8 hour stretch of sleep but maybe 4 hours at a time.

We go back to Dr. V. Thursday morning, he may take the feeding tube out, we don't know. He will also check to see that his staph infection is going away. Then we go meet an oncologist, who will let us know what we have to expect next (chemotherapy, radiation, whatever). I think once we get that squared away we will feel better knowing what to expect in the upcoming weeks.

BJ and Adrian spent the weekend in Ocean City, it's the annual Volunteer Fireman's convention and Miss Fire Prevention pageant. Anna and Jeff just bought a new car! Another Ford Explorer, my favorite color, Candy Apple Red! Dani is hanging out with Brad's family this weekend as his sister just had a new baby Wednesday and his Dad flew in from Dallas for a few days. So it's just been the two of us here (and the pup) today and what a restful day it's been.

3 comments:

RobinV said...

Sounds like things are going well. Make sure you are taking care of yourself too so you don't get sick.

Miss you Sherrie {{{Hugs}}}

Anonymous said...

I can't tell you how excited I was to her that voice on the answering maching when I got home! I will call this afternoon and see how things are going! Sounds like your life is finally getting back to some state of normal!

Don said...

I’m glad he’s doing much better. My payers go out to you and your family and hope for a speedy recovery. I’m going through much of the same thing myself at this time. Last June I was given 30 days to live with liver cancer. I would like you to check out my blog at www.reliv-don.blogspot.com for my story