Thursday, July 2, 2009

I think the chemo kicked in today.....

as Burt could hardly get out of bed. He had a doctor's appointment with the surgeon this morning at 9:30 and it took forever for him to get up and get ready. After we went to the doctor we were going to stop at the store and get him some new T-shirts, but he was too tired. So we came back home and he fell asleep on the couch. Slept there all morning, had a small lunch and then went upstairs to lay down. Slept all afternoon!! I finally managed to get him up around 5:30 to eat some dinner. Told him not to go back to sleep for fear he won't be able to sleep tonight.

The doctor had told us that fatigue might be one of the side effects of the chemo. I guess it's one we can live with. It's a whole lot better than some of the others!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is deffo going to be tired.. Did anyone talk to you about fresh fruits and veggies?? most patients have to avoid them because of the germs etc on them.. His immune system will be low.. just be careful.. I know this stuff it's what I do all day at work.. Love you guys.. Hang in there.. happy 4th! tom and charlotte

Anonymous said...

Hey you 2,
Thinking about you and knowing that you will both come through this.
Tell Burt I need more naps too, the chemo kicks my butt about 2 days after I've had it. Make sure that he stays hydrated its a large part of it as well, drink drink drink.
Love you guys!
Mona & Johney