Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Scrappy Time!

I've been scrapping over at ScrapAttackScrapbooking.com this past weekend, they had a Queen of Hearts Crop with 8 challenges. I didn't get them all done but I did manage to do a few. I am really loving scrapping my older photos.

This one is of Burt at Yellowstone. I used Little Yellow Bicycle's new Twig collection, which is just awesome! The papers are textured on one side and smooth on the other. The colors go great with this photo and the one below (Date Night). I love the blue/green/brown color combo!

The challenge for this layout was to use 4 photos, the color brown and handwritten journaling. I don't much like my handwriting (it tends to be sloppy). Again, the Twig papers go great with my photos so it was an easy layout to make! The lace flower was made by gluing lace ribbon onto a chipboard circle and finishing with a button.
I used the Basic Grey Jovial line for this layout. It's Christmas papers but you wouldn't know that just by looking at them!
And here's one of my faves, Sassafras Lass papers! Their Indie Girl paper line is just so easy to use! I had the whole collection and I've just about used them all up. This is Anna Renee as a 3 month old. You can see in the photo just how much she loved her Daddy!
Our church, First Presbyterian Church of Chesapeake City, is having their very first all day crop on March 5th! I hope it'll be lots of fun as I've never done a crop before (just online). I'm looking forward to spending the day with paper, scissors, and glue!



4 comments:

Mel H. said...

All of your layouts are fantastic, Sherrie!! I can't even pick a favorite.
I hope the crop at your church goes well!

Mel H. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lauri {Scrap Attack} said...

Love what you created with the Twig line, they all look amazing! I'm excited to see how your crop goes, let me know if you need anything else from me. My fingers are crossed it books up. :)

Peggy said...

beautiful layouts Sherrie - hope the crop at your Church goes well.